Sunday, November 15, 2009

My View of Customer Service

I have always had jobs that required me to interface with people. I am a people person, and I hate relational conflict. This is the way God created me....and this aspect of my personality has helped me become a valued team-player at the companies for which I have worked because I honestly CARE about making people happy. I care about the impression I leave, and though at times I may fail to "come through", I am generally sincere at making an effort.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that there are times I need to grit my teeth and put a smile on my face (and in the tone of my voice) because that's not the natural sentiment I'm feeling at the time. Let's face it...customers can be demanding and rude. We all have days when we're not feeling well, or when our co-worker ticks us off. But the unfortunate truth is that nobody cares what I am going through...my job is Customer SERVICE, period.

Customer Service is, I believe, the backbone of a successful organization. In a hierarchical structure chart this position may not look very significant, but I personally feel that without good Customer Service, a company can't expect long-term success. I am a self-admitted Customer Service Snob, and I won't re-visit a place where I think I wasn't treated well...Oh, and you can bet I'll tell all my friends about my experience. And with all the modern opportunities at social networking and "getting the word out," I think that companies need to look seriously at their efforts at Customer Service...word of mouth has a whole new meaning these days.

So, with that view of the significance of Customer Service in mind, I was inspired to start blogging about my experiences.

Welcome to my blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment